Thursday, March 19, 2020

Pandemic at the Disco

This morning while writing my Morning Pages (3 long hand written pages of whatever comes to mind) I wrote the following:

Day 2 of official Rest & Chill as i like to call it. It actually is not day 2 but when I'm reading this back in 30 years it (probably) won't matter what the date is--unless something super crazy happens in the next few days and then my grandchildren are reading this after I'm dead and are all: "OMG, (or some space slang term) Grandma was just rambling about how she was bored and over watching TV when _________ went down!" If that's the case, it is March 19, 2020.

And that's when it hit me. I need to bring back the blog! I've been off Instagram for the past several days and I realized that although it's helping keep me from feeling maj anxious, I'm feeling sad that I'm not connected to all my internet pals. Enter the beautiful 2000's version of Instagram--BLOGS!!! I've been watching old episodes of MTV's Awkward with Mary on Hulu and in every episode Jenna types away her biggest fears and her daily triumphs. I figured since I have a lot of totally free time on my hands (shoutout to Paper Source for closing the store & still paying us for the next two weeks!) I can fill it with a fun project.

So get ready for some funny (hopefully), random, helpful (maybe), inspiring (!) content in this little corner of the internet that is not sponsored by Squarespace. I'll be posting some lists of the things I'm watching, reading, listening to, doing (like my Instagram Syllabi). I'll try to post some more article-type content (like BEDJ from a million years ago) and the age-old Live Journal type content because let's face it if you've made it to this link you're my friend and we can't go get coffee or to yoga (Betty) or to Disneyland (Erika) so this will have to suffice in between FaceTimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment