Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 BEDJ | Blog Every Day in January

Is it just me or has this New Year felt more reflect-y than usual?  

It’s 2017 and I’m feeling ambitious. What better way to harness that power than to move into January with a lofty new writing goal? I’m taking a note from #MagicalBlackGirl Evelyn from the Internets who does a Vlog every day in April (see all the 2016 VEDA hilarity here) and I am attempting to Blog every day in January. I’m trying to get over the basic-ness of having a resolution at all, let alone having one that feels so 2009 (See delightful film/book/blog Julie & Julia for more info on general dated basic-ness of blogging goals).

I am a writer than never writes and now I will be a writer that writes every day in January. 

I’m going for it because Trump is going to be President and I’m on that BadGalRiRi #WorstBehavior tip for 2017. 


AKA I’m done playing it safe and waiting around for more of my/our rights, fire, joy and general wellbeing to be taken away before I just do what the fuck I want.

So here’s to this crazy January where the world might just end but at least I’m embracing my calling as a writer and just getting shit done, #MagicalBlackGirl style.

No comments:

Post a Comment