#FollowFriday super-talented creative Women of Color edition
This morning Mary and I were up at 3:30am because we had to be at the Kaiser in Santa Clara for my Grandma's surgery. Grandma Dean is doing well and is I'm sure fast asleep in her bed at home at this present moment. Consequently, I am super exhausted so I don't have much in me to write a full on piece. Instead I'll just be sharing some of my favorite pretty & creative brands to follow, like, share, buy, etc.Happy
Millay Vintage | IG: @MillayVintage
I went to grad-school with this classy and fab lady. She has a great eye for finding hidden vintage gems and making them beautiful again just for you. Her, hubby & pup are super photogenic and have the coolest whimsy life so this is a MUST follow on Instagram. Check out her website where you can find all the clothes, address to her Philly shop and some beautifully written blog posts with all the dreamy romantic photography she's known for on the interwebs.
AphroChic | IG: @AphroChic
Jeanine is another one of my internet idols. We worked together for a short time when I was FRESH out of undergrad and working as an assistant at a non-profit, she was the fancy legal team. Her fresh and vibrant aesthetic is on everything she touches which is a lot! Peruse her beautiful design blog, check out her web shop and her published book!
Effie's Paper | IG: @EffiesPaper
I don't know this lady personally but all her notebooks, pencil cases and doodads are right up my alley. Her stuff has fun #BlackGirlMagic sayings and quotes from Queen B & the Shondaland trifecta. Every time I scroll past her Instagram posts I just want to buy all the things!This DIYer has the BEST hot pink, rainbow, Lisa-Frank-Inspired photos on Instagram. Plus, she tells you how to re-create it all on her blog! I attend an annual pumpkin decorating party and this year I used her tutorial to make the cutest mini pumpkin ice cream cone ever & it was so easy.
Revel: | IG:@revelwear.co
This last one is a fun and fierce line by a dynamic duo that is near and dear to my heart. Inez & Kayla are two of the coolest girls I know! Their commitment to making unique ready to wear pieces and highlighting talented women of color models while staying focused on empowerment and strength make their brand stand out in a sea of basic yoga pants and sports bras.*Apologies for another post of no photos--I'm new to the game & didn't want to step on any copyright things by "save-as" and re-posting photos from these folks. Tips are welcome!

No comments:
Post a Comment